Perhaps you already work in rural health, and appreciate what it means.
In rural health, you specialise in being a generalist. You see people, rather than patients. You are a vital and appreciated part of the community, not just a person in a job.
In North King Country, New Zealand, rural health is interesting and varied. We have a wide range of health service providers – some private, some public and some run by community or tribal trusts.
As a group we offer
- a well-prepared orientation package
- advice and support to get you (and your family) settled into accommodation and schools
- collegial and professional support
- a health sector that works together to attract and keep the workforce it needs
- a warm welcome into a job, our health sector and our community.
Local facilities and access to hospital care is good. The work can be challenging – but you are not isolated, either personally or professionally. We are a modern, supportive community determined to provide excellent health care for our people, now and in the future.